A guy lost his girlfriend in a train accident…. but the gal’s name nowhere appeared in the dead list. This guy grew up and became IT technical architect in his late 20’s, achievement in itself!! He hired developers from the whole globe and planned to make software where he could search for his girlfriend through the web…
Things went as planned…And he found her, after losing millions of dollars and 3 long years!!
It was time to shut down the search operation, when the CEO of Google had a word with this guy n took over this application. This Software made a whopping 1 billion dollars profit in its first year, which we today know as ORKUT…
The guy’s name is ORKUT BUYUKKOKTEN… Yes it is named after him only. Today he is paid a hefty sum by Google for the things we do like scrapping. He is expected to b the richest person by 2009. ORKUT BUYUKKOKTEN today has 13 assistants to monitor his scrapbook & 8 to monitor his friends-list. He gets around 20,000 friend-requests a day & about 85,000 scraps!!!
Some other Cool Facts about this guy:
* He gets $12 from Google when every person registers to this website.
* He also gets $10 when you add somebody as a friend.
* He gets $8 when your friend’s friend adds you as a friend & gets $6 if anybody adds you as friend in the resulting chain.
* He gets $5 when you scrap somebody & $4 when somebody scraps you.
* He also gets $200 for each photograph you upload on Orkut.
* He gets $2.5 when you add your friend in the crush-list or in the hot-list.
* He gets $2 when you become somebody’s fan.
* He gets $1.5 when somebody else becomes your fan.
* He even gets $1 every time you logout of Orkut.
* He gets $0.5 every time you just change your profile-photograph.
* He also gets $0.5 every time you read your friend’s scrap-book & $0.5 every time you view your friend’s friend-list.
Visit ORKUT BUYUKKOKTEN’s website http://www.stanford.edu/~orkut/